Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ex Post Forko

This may be unique to me, but I often find myself wanting to retroactively control-click a link on a web page. The following scenario seems to happen to me all too frequently:

1. I Google something & get the results back.
2. One of the search results looks promising, so I click it.
3. The page turns out to be interesting, but not really what I'm looking for at the moment.

At this point what I really want to do is rewind the clock a few seconds and control-click on the link in the search results to farm the interesting-but-not-immediately-relevant page to another tab for future consideration. Accomplishing this requires a click on the back button, scanning the page to find the link, then a control-click on the link. Am I the only one that would find it useful to do this with a single click/keystroke?

If there's anyone out there looking to write a Firefox plugin, could you please write an "ex post forko" extension that does this is with a single gesture? Control-forward comes to mind as a good candidate, but I'll take whatever I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home